From: "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 1:25 PM
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Sex in the white house.

Perhaps you'd care to explain why you feel this way?

Here's the flip side in advance.  Feel free to dispute:

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/p/parks/2004/parks06140
4.htm

On Ronald Reagan
Be Honest: Just Say You Hate The Man
June 14, 2004
by Bob Parks

Forgive me if I'm stereotyping but even in recent
experience, I've found
some liberals to be some of the most dishonest of people.
Armed with their
inherent superiority complex, they feel quite confident
they'll not be
exposed as the liars they are because everyone else is just
too damn stupid.

So you can imagine the refreshment I felt when I read
comments from liberals
who genuinely hate former President Ronald Reagan.  Now
while the
wall-to-wall coverage became a bit much, it can be debated
whether Mr.
Reagan would have been comfortable with the non-stop
lionizing, and whether
the media's comments of tribute were entirely genuine.

There are people out there with whom we are quite sure
didn't agree with
President Reagan or his policies, but out of the need to
reassure us they
can be somewhat respectful, they kept their sentiments to
themselves. that
is, for a little while.

"This man Reagan was 93 years old and out of it with
Alzheimer's for many
years and I don't see how anybody can summon grief.  They
proclaimed it a
deep religious ceremony.  Which it is not.  His whole
weeklong funeral is
cheap, utterly distasteful American publicity."

- Author Jimmy Breslin

Maybe Mr. Breslin can't see how anyone could summon grief
because he seems
to be the stereotypical, narcissistic liberal who believes
the world truly
does revolve around his rules and since Reagan wasn't any
part of HIS world,
he was irrelevant.

But I truly believe the sorrow hundreds of thousands of
Americans felt
towards Reagan was the real deal.  After all, how many
people would stand
for hours in sweltering heat and humidity for just any old
dead politician?
Reagan truly moved people so why is that a bad thing?

Breslin also wrote:

"In government, he was as real as his trademark line.  He
was a callous man
with a smile who cut taxes in 1981 and left this city and
state without
funds for such things as help for dependent children.  He
proudly hurt the
boroughs of this city more than anyone before or after him.
If you live in
Brooklyn, the record shows that Ronald Reagan hated
children.  The city and
state had to raise taxes to make up for money lost because
of Reagan's great
conservative movement.  Reagan then raised taxes six times.
He walked off,
leaving us an enormous deficit but with a smile on his face
that even the
Gipper's fakery couldn't help us with."

Ronald Reagan hated children..

I'd love a hard number as to how many times a day the word
"hate" makes it
into the liberal's vocabulary.  Either some evil person
hates them or they
hate some evil person.  These people have issues.

Speaking of children, Scott Hornyak, an undergraduate at the
University of
Alaska Fairbanks, was fired from KSUA-FM for comments he
made on the air.
Hornyak later said his show was "a celebration that Ronald
Reagan was dead,
was finally dead," and reportedly told listeners he wanted
to "walk over the
newly laid dirt" on his grave.

I'm not happy with the fact Hornyak got fired.  We need to
applaud and
encourage liberals when they dare be honest.  After all, how
embarrassing is
it when you are trying to be friendly and courteous to
someone you later
find out hates your guts..

Can anyone out here honestly comprehend the convulsions
these liberals would
have if a Democrat president died and a Conservative dared
to even whisper,
"Oh well.."

I've cited many quotes from Democrats who get away with
publicly hoping for
our early demise, but now they want to dance on our graves
as well.

That's pretty sad.

My personal bitterness towards some liberals is precisely
because they don't
wish to ever have a substantial debate on the issues.  They
will lie or do
whatever it takes to get their way because Bill Clinton
essentially called
for a 1996 jihad against Republicans.  It's being conducted
to this day and
I love it.

This is a fight to the finish and one party will be shown
for who they were,
who they are, and who they will be (which is another reason
Democrats never
tell you during any campaign what they really want to do).

Syndicated liberal racist Julianne Malveaux last week wrote:

"Ronald Wilson Reagan was openly hostile to
African-Americans.  In his
campaign, he vowed to cut "waste" in the federal budget.
But we came to
learn that when he said waste, he meant us.  Reagan slashed
social programs
so ruthlessly that the homeless population soared up to 3
million and
food-stamp and hunger-assistance programs shrunk.  Even as
the nation
struggled with double-digit unemployment, he cut
employment-assistance
programs.

"Reagan managed to do all of this in a jocular manner,
saying that the
people who received public assistance were overweight, which
meant they were
not starving, or noting that the homeless were probably so
"by choice."  He
wanted to make ketchup a vegetable to get around rules that
said federally
subsidized school lunches should be nutritionally balanced."

Reagan was openly hostile to African-Americans?

When Clinton Commerce Secretary Ron Brown was killed in a
plane crash, an
autopsy was not conducted.  A U.S. cabinet secretary and no
autopsy..  Even
one of Julianne's homeless people would've received more
attention.  Maybe
one black man isn't worth as much as another to a Democrat
administration.

Next, if memory serves me correctly, the American Civil
Liberals Union took
the federal government to court saying that mentally ill
patients were being
hospitalized (thus incarcerated) against their will.  The
ACLU won and
hundreds of people who were truly incapable of caring for
themselves were
released on the streets.

Ever since then, telling yet another lie to cover a flawed
hypothesis, the
homeless ONLY become a visible problem during conservative
leaderships.  How
many fewer homeless stories did Dan Rather run on the CBS
Evening News
during the Clinton Administration as compared to both Bush
Administrations?

Ronald Reagan inherited double digit unemployment and
inflation from the
disastrous Carter Administration.  Reagan couldn't have
signed any reduction
of programs that weren't sent to him by the House and Senate
(which
contained a majority of Democrats for half of his terms),
and he wasn't
about to shut down the government in the middle of the Cold
War.

It may seem cold to say, but whether it be South Central Los
Angeles or
North Western Massachusetts, a lot of poor people are
visually either
bloating from malnutrition or eating quite well.  Truly
starving people are
usually quite emaciated and easy to pick out.

I would hope someone from a public school would tell us how
much food ends
up in a trash barrel every day at lunch.  Here's a choice:
add ketchup
packets or create a whole new category within the Department
of Education.
Reagan was quite wise in his simplicity: kids like ketchup.

Lastly Malveaux fell back on the tired, old "According to
University of
Maryland political scientist Ronald Walters, fewer than 2%
of Reagan's
judicial appointments were African-American."

Was that because Reagan was a racist or because Democrats
(like today's)
refuse to confirm someone they don't consider "the right
kind" of black
judge?

But it seems like the time to interject some real numbers as
to the "Reagan
Revolution."

"Under Reagan, black adult unemployment fell faster than did
white
unemployment.  Black teenage unemployment fell faster than
did white teenage
unemployment.  And blacks started businesses at a rate
faster than that of
whites.  In 1981, the nation's poverty rate stood at 14
percent.  It
declined to 11.6 percent in 1988, Reagan's last year in
office."

"Want to start a fight?  Walk into a black barbershop and
praise Ronald
Reagan."

- Los Angeles radio host Larry Elder

No thank you, Larry.

According to the Media Research Center citing 1990 Census
reports that back
Larry up:

"A set of minority economic profiles released by the Census
Bureau show that
black households had a median income of $19,758 at the time
of the 1990
census, up 84% from 1980.  During that period, white median
household
incomes climbed 68%."

- Associated Press, July 1992

"High school graduation rates among black students rose
substantially during
the 1980s, narrowing an education gap with whites, according
to a new
federal study on U.S. school enrollments.  About 75 percent
of blacks ages
18 to 24 in 1988 reported that they were high school
graduates.  Ten years
earlier, only 68 percent of blacks in this age group
reported that they had
high school diplomas.  The proportion of whites who say they
graduated from
high school has held at about 82 percent."

- San Francisco Chronicle, 1990

Even with numbers to illustrate that Reagan did what the
Republicans who
formed the party ultimately wished for blacks (that we were
to be left alone
and not dominated), Democrats were despairing the fact they
were losing that
domination of a loyal electorate.

The reduction or proposed elimination of every
well-intentioned program that
inevitably caused dependence and social stagnation was
called bad.
"Employment assistance" usually consists of having the first
ten people who
show up at seven in the morning to go pick up garbage.
Others more
fortunate are interviewed by some uncaring government
worker, who places
their form on a tray with 40 others and says she'll call
soon.

Some of the hits on Reagan defy logic.  If Reagan was truly
for the rich,
why did he outlaw insider trading?  Maybe he was for an
honest dollar being
earned and kept.

I do think the simultaneous coverage on every network
affiliate and cable
news channel was a bit thick, but they know their audience
better than I do.
Ronald Reagan, to me, was a man who said what he meant and
meant what he
said.

While in the Navy I personally saw no food stamps and maybe
that's what the
liberals are angry about.  Most of the programs Ronald
Reagan sought the
reduction of were riddled with waste and inefficiency.
Liberals don't mind
putting your good money with the bad, but Reagan resisted.
He respected the
American people and they, in turn, are showing respect for
him.

"We haven't seen many African-American faces up at the
presidential library
or this morning, that the black community particularly in
America has less
time for the President than other constituencies."

- ABC News' Peter Jennings

They really do hate Ronald Reagan and the best thing to come
of this whole
chapter of history is that liberals are actually allowing us
to know what
they really think.

Thank you, Mr. President.