RE: [DMCForum] Re: Intel on Iraq. Where do you get it, really?

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Intel on Iraq. Where do you get it, really?

>Please note: no one is criticizing the military. We are criticizing
>its civilian leadership for misusing such a valuable resource.

Huh? No criticism of the military?  Didn't you mention the military killing
people at a wedding party?

><snip>
>Considering the casualties, bizarre mobilizations (has anyone noticed
>George the Younger is now pressing into service ex-soldiers who
>haven't worn a uniform in years and tip the upper limits of age
>appropriateness), dangerous precedent of violating international
>treaties to which we are signatory, etc, etc, etc, an objective
>observer would have to conclude the administration has totally misused
>the military entrusted to it.

"Pressing into service..."?  Where did you hear this?  This, I would like to
read about.  Someone on here just recently talked about coming home from
Iraq.

>BTW: Until its WMD claims were exposed as false, not once did the
>administration ever mention invading Iraq to accomplish humanitarian
>good. Every single pre-invasion protestation revolved around weapons,
>and programs, that simply did not exist. Makes the civilian leadership
>look reckless now.

If they were trying to create the existence of WMD then why didn't they
stage a 'find'?  Maybe, just maybe, their intelligence was really inaccurate
and they considered what they had to be credible evidence.  Shocking
possibility, isn't it?

>Most Americans want to see their soldiers (sailors, airmen) PROPERLY
>cared for. That includes buying them equipment they truly need (not
>Star Wars),

Yea, wouldn't want them to be able to strike a position from the other side
of the globe.  Do you know what the B-2, at least what is publicly known,
can do?

Space-based things are only useful for sending reports back to the evening
news.

I remember hearing someone of the Iraqi army, or whatever, saying the
Americans were too chicken to get close enough so they could be fired upon.
Chicken?  Not hardly... but the US military can take that guy out from miles
away and he will never even have a clue as to what hit him.

>paying them fairly (I live within earshot of Ft. Bragg,
>where a fantastic percentage of the soldiers receive welfare
>assistance and live in substandard housing -- rediculous), not
>treating the VA like a care denying HMO (doubly rediculous), and above
>all: not mobilizing them on a whim or wild goose chase.

Do you mean Iraq was a whim or wild goose chase?  I guess we need to tell
bin laden's second in command, and the others, that it was all a joke and he
is free to go.

Oh, something I wanted to mention in a previous thread.  Does anyone know
how many times the Pentagon was attacked and damaged?  I can assure you it
was more than the once in 2001, but that never came up.

Greg

click here