[DMCForum] Re: Choosing Coolant: was: Radiator replacement?

[DMCForum] Re: Choosing Coolant: was: Radiator replacement?

> I read over www.prestone.com and have not found any explicit
> recommendations against using DEX-COOL in systems that were
> not designed for it.

In my friend's case, his car WAS designed for DEX-COOL, and was told
that using the green stuff would be a problem.

I don't know if I can shed any light on this situation or not, but
when I bought my DeLorean 2 months ago, it had orange antifreeze in
it. One of the first things I did was flush the system and replace
with standard green Prestone. So, the previous owner ran it for some
time with the orange stuff, and it seems to be fine.

I did notice some light corrosion inside a couple of the pipes. Now
I've been using standard green Prestone on my Fieros forever and have
never seen anything like this. I don't know if the orange stuff caused
it or not, but just because of that, I was happy to get back to the
green stuff I'm used to.

-Ryan

click here