RE: [DMCForum] Re: Killing Iraqi Civilians (Dave Stragand)

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Killing Iraqi Civilians (Dave Stragand)

><snip>
>
>Re: beheadings -- only 4 or 5 to date, not "hundreds of thousands".
>I'm not sure how blowing up wedding parties,

If I remember correctly, Iraqi people were the ones who pointed out that
'wedding party' was actually a cover for a weapons cache.  Don't forget, the
mindset of those people, the insurgents, not necessarily -everyone-, is to
throw women and children right in front of themselves so they don't get
shot, and then turn around and make sure the world knows that some US
military personnel injured a 'civilian'.  We don't blow up a city block
taking out 98% civilians.  We pinpoint one spot from miles away and take it
out.  But hell, if we are off by even an inch we are accused of killing
innocents.

>abusing innocent
>prisoners (we're letting them out of Abu Ghraib by the busload now,
>free of charges...),

Oh yea, let me tell you... putting a hood over someone's face and making
them stand for forty-five minutes straight without a break, that's just pure
torture.  It's a real good thing we don't do the light kinds of torture,
like gunning people down in their vehicle, burning them, dragging them
through the streets and hang them from a bridge.  Or hell, the even lighter
stuff, more like a pin prick actually, such as decapitating someone on tape.
No, we do the really bad things.

>Bush's Iraqi misadventure is going to be treated *SO* badly by future
>historians. International bad will from it *WILL* bite us some day
>(has Bush forgotten his massive deficits are paid for with foreign
>money?).
><snip>

"Massive deficits"?  Bush didn't cause the events of September 11, 2001 to
happen.  Keep in mind he was only in office for a few months when this
happened.  The world didn't suddenly change in those few months and they
planned these attacks.  Something I think a lot of people don't think about,
is that -anything- that happens under -any- administration, the effects will
most likely not been seen until the next administration.  By the way, if the
deficit goes up each year, than isn't that 'record deficits' for every
administration?

Greg