[DMCForum] Re: Killing Iraqi Civilians (Dave Stragand)

[DMCForum] Re: Killing Iraqi Civilians (Dave Stragand)

I think you're confusing the players on the field:

Kurds were gassed 20 years ago, quite possibly with US agents given to
Iraq for use against Iran on our behalf (American foreign policy in
action!). Of course no one in our government will admit to such. What
other reason did Donald Rumsfeld have for going over there? Just to
shake Sadam's hand?

The Baathist regime ceased to exist in April 2003 anyway. Can't blame
ongoing Iraqi civilian deaths on it, unless perhaps you consider all
the former Baathist party members we're now populating the unelected
new Iraqi government with (oh yes, let's use these guys' intelligence
when deciding which houses to bomb. Surely they wouldn't use our
military as dupes to settle old scores).

Sidebar: In 2002 Sadam was ranked 9th out of the top 10 dictators for
domestic atrocities by Human Rights Watch. A "bad man" to be sure
(don't you just love it when college educated members of the Bush
administration go on national television and talk about "getting the
bad guys". Sounds like little kids playing war in kindergarten), but
why didn't we go after the other 8? Oil and no bid reconstruction
contracts?

Re: beheadings -- only 4 or 5 to date, not "hundreds of thousands".
I'm not sure how blowing up wedding parties, abusing innocent
prisoners (we're letting them out of Abu Ghraib by the busload now,
free of charges...), gunning down protesters armed with nothing more
than anti US political signs, etc is supposed to stop this latest
ghastly tactic, but maybe you see a deterrent I'm missing ("collective
punishment" a'la the Third Reich perhaps?).

Bush's Iraqi misadventure is going to be treated *SO* badly by future
historians. International bad will from it *WILL* bite us some day
(has Bush forgotten his massive deficits are paid for with foreign
money?). His 9/11 xenophobia is locking out of the country the foreign
scientists upon which our technological prowess is built. I'd almost
laugh at his expense if it wasn't so sad -- and unnecessary.

Bill Robertson

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dtar7m/M=298938.5002737.6305531.4879638/D=gr

oups/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1089990078/A=2254954/R=2/SIG=12c1d43tu/*http://clk.

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298938.5002737.6305531.4879638/D=groups/S=