RE: [DMCForum] Re: Marc-like discussion on taxes...includes De Loreans

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Marc-like discussion on taxes...includes De Loreans

><snip>
>No you can't. Most states have what they call a "use tax". If you
>bring something into the state you're supposed to fill out a form and
>send it, along with a check for the sales tax amount, to the state.

The 'use tax' is what she referred to when explaining why I had to pay this
on my cars.  I even argued that the cars are not usable, and won't be on the
street for some time.  They are also about to enact vehicle inspections
here, but no one can yet tell us what vehicles will be exempt.

Hey, here is a business idea for someone.  Start a company in a state that
has little to no vehicle taxation or inspection and let people pay to have
their car registered as a 'company car' with said company.  Hmmm...

Greg