Re: [DMCForum] Marc-like discussion on taxes...includes De Loreans

Re: [DMCForum] Marc-like discussion on taxes...includes De Loreans

In NJ.. We pay sales tax on the transfer of title no
matter what state it was purchased in, not when you
register it.

I am willing to bet that my name is the most mentioned
in subject lines on the Forum...

<SNIP>
> I have two De Loreans that are project cars.  I
> decided to wait and register
> them when they were road-worthy.  Well, they enacted
> the bullshit Wheel Tax
> here, so by mere minutes I was able to get both
> registered and avoid paying
> this.  When I did this, however, they charged me
> sales tax.  Ok, but, both
> cars were purchased in states other than were I
> live, denial not being one
> of them.
<SNIP>