[DMCForum] Tech Work At DCS 2006 (Auctioned)

[DMCForum] Tech Work At DCS 2006 (Auctioned)

I think you misunderstood. What kind of person would I be if I put
off repairs and thought I could save on labor by showing up at a car
show and getting others work for free?

I agree that the D community shares both knowledge and work to get
every car in the best condition.

What I am suggesting is for owners who need work done and really need
competent people working on their cars, there is an opportunity to
contribute to the show and get this work done at the same time.

For me it is an 8 hour drive to PJ Grady's. If I had a major repair I
would definitely have the work done there, but what about minor
repairs or updates? Right now my air is blowing around 60 degrees. I
know that it should be checked out and may need a charge. I would
gladly bid $100 for an hour or 2 necessary to check out the system
and help repair it if possible - all done by someone who actually
knows what they are doing on a Delorean.

I am sure there are lots of owners who would get in line for a TAB
check / replacement if they knew the proceeds where going to a good
cause.

Make no mistake, I was out until almost 3:00 am Saturday at PF
helping out with a repair, and I feel I learned more then reading any
manual. I am not talking about charging for repairs done at DCS.

What I AM saying is there are unique problems common to Deloreans,
and that some of the best in the world in repairing Deloreans will be
at the show. For planned repairs, a chance to help out the show, and
have that repair done in an expert manor would be invaluable.

Mike

click here