Re: [DMCForum] Re: Will tile for mechanics <was> Spare no expense-

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Will tile for mechanics <was> Spare no expense-

> Where are you, and what's wrong with your car?

I was pretty much joking since I assume your're "cruzn" in Maryland
and I'm in Arizona.  If you were here, I'd be dead serious, though.
Unless you're an MD, in which case maybe I can use some medical
attention HAHA.  Or, unless you have a sense of humor like mine
and MD means "Mommie Dearest" as in TYMD (thank you Mommie
Dearest) the license plate on my other vehicle.

What;s wrong with the car?

Well, I'm the one, you might remember who bought the car from
Sean
(thinkstainless) after  his um.....run-in with the law and drove it
home from Phoenix
before I had it towed to a shop.  The cooling system
needs to be completely replaced, which I'm having done painfully s l
o w l y by a mechanic here in Tucson with parts and help thanks to
SpecialT.  It has shifting issues that make it almost impossible to
get into 1st or 2nd
without lifting up on the shifter - not lifting like getting into reverse,
but like lifting
the entire linkage assembly.   Those are the two biggies.  There's
more, but when these
two are resolved I can actually drive the car and see what else it
needs!  I have a set of Toby TABs sitting on my desk just itching to
be installed.

> My next project is to cover my basement office floor in large,
> black-and-white vinyl or linoleoum(sp?) tiles.
> If I ever get up the ambition.......

I'd love to do tackle that.  Home repair is my passion. My house is a
work-in-progress and has been for 10 years.  Just as you guys work
on cars, I love working on houses.  Cars baffle me.  I know what all
the parts do, but I can't always point to them and I certainly can't
muscle them around.  Two of the AZ-D guys, Ben and Daniel, were
great - they had me crawling under Pam's D, showing me what and
where everything was.  Maybe one of these days I'll see those parts
on my own car :}

OOPS!  just lost DSL -- first monsoon of the season and lightening
everywhere.  I'll be able to send this eventually.

missing 10440
an unfinished house
a lost internet connection

.