[DMCForum] Re: Pulled Pork..

Although I consider myself a North Carolinian now, I won't touch NC BBQ. I lived in Texas until I was 10, and am totally spoiled on smoked brisket. We just couldn't fathom pork soaked in vinegar when we moved up here. We had all sorts of cute names for the native BBQ when we moved to NC like Baribi-douche etc because of it being vinegar based. We'd have superbowl cookouts and my Mom would do all sorts of crazy things like put a Massengill next to the Barbicue sauces to make the locals feel like home lol. If you guys want REAL barbicue, go to east Texas. There's a chain down there called Bodacious BBQ... they make the best in the world as far as I'm concerned :-). -Louie

content22207 wrote:
> With all due respects, you really should chop it. Soaks up the sauce
> *SO* much better. You can put a gallon on chopped BBQ and it sucks it
> right up.
>
> What about the hush puppies? Isn't a balanced meal without them
> (Southern food pyramid is a bit flatter than USDA's).
>
> Bill Robertson

click here