Re: [DMCForum] Barefoot Farrar

Farrar, I meant to comment on your previous post about
having the noisy foot steps when barefoot.  Wearing shoes
too often allows you to develop the bad habit of plunking
down hard on your heels.  A natural barefoot gait has you
putting the ball of your foot down at about the same time or
even before the heel touches ground.  Walking like this is
quieter, uses less energy, and gives you the best
opportunity for avoiding sharp objects AFTER you step on
them.  Most cutting/puncture injuries can be prevented by
just shifting your weight to other parts of your foot.

> I could feel the grooves in the
pedals and know EXACTLY where my foot was on them -- handy.

The trip I took from Tampa to Pigeon Forge ended up being
about 5 or 6 thousand miles by the time you count all the
miles I drove up & down the eastern states.  And of course I
did it barefoot the whole time.  About mid way I ended up
pulling the rubber pad off the accelerator pedal on my
DeLorean.  The grooves were just too much for my
leather/skin.  Even without the pad, I still found it too
narrow and too high.  I'm going to stick something
aftermarket on there as well as add a gel pad on the floor
for my heel to rest in.  I also want to install a cruise
control.

> The only problem was I had to move the seat forward, and
because I'm a
shorty

Huh?  You mean that you wear stilts for shoes?  You go
barefoot and then you can't reach the pedals?  You can fix
that in two minutes with some blocks of wood and some duct
tape. ;-)  Tape it to the pedals, silly -- not to your feet.

Walt

click here