Re: [DMCForum] Re: Time for a new political discussion...

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Time for a new political discussion...

> Watch out for broken glass
ken

Hey Ken, remember what I said before?  If I put my foot down
on something sharp, I automatically shift my weight to
another part of my foot.  This way I avoid all kinds of
hazards and also avoid being a hazard myself.  Case in
point: at my last hotel room stay, I stepped on a cricket in
the bathroom.  When my foot landed & felt an unexpected
object, I naturally shifted my weight to other parts of my
foot.  The cricket was totally unharmed.  I caught it and
put it outside.

> So, you don't exercise your right to participate in
running the
government you pay for with free and anonymous voting
because of what
your friends might think?

Hi "wayofcain".  Is that your name?  It's not anonymous
voting if I discuss the ballot with friends.  In some
respects, I'm a stinking liberal.  But in most respects I'm
a libertarian.  I cannot claim loyalty to a political party
when my own standards are so eclectic.  I'm not concerned
with what people think of me.  If I were then I wouldn't go
barefoot everywhere.

> Do you pay taxes?

Yes.  More than my share. ;-)

> Do you or have you used any social programs like
public schools or public roads?

I used public schools because I was forced.  I do not
believe that I owe anyone an education via my tax dollars.
I use public roads, and my tax dollars support this.  But my
voting seemingly has no effect concerning transportation.
President Carter cursed us with 55mph speed limits.  If they
put on the ballot a vote to change our speed limits like is
used in the UK and most of Europe, then I will get out there
and vote.

Walt

click here