Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

Re: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

I saw it and it infuriated, saddened, and shocked me. But I'm so glad I saw it, and am so glad it has made it to mass audiences. I'm a huge democrat and am insanely political, and the documentary just furthered my feelings that Bush needs to go. Two things in the film really stuck out for me: the socio-racial profiling of armed services recruiting agents, and the extent to which the Bushes have sold their souls for financial gain. Their ties to the Bin Ladin's, Saudi's, and Middle Eastern oil were far more rampant, incestuous, and eye opening than I could have ever imagined.

I think the one thing that made the film especially effective and could bridge the gap between political parties was the woman whose son was serving in Iraq, and was killed during the making of the film. Seeing the process of her supporting Bush and the war to opposing both was very moving. I agree with you Marc, I thought they were extremely easy on Bush. There were many many cheap shots and allegations that could have been inserted into the film, but were not. I expected to see some of this, but saw nothing but iron clad supported facts. It'd be interesting to know if anyone who watches this would still vote for Bush.

I'm just so excited about the November elections. I have serious doubts that Bush will be defeated, but either way I can't wait to see what the American people say. Whatever happens will not only affect us the next four years, but will dictate political policy for decades to come. -Louie

--- Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The list is too quiet lately.

Who saw Fahrenheit 9/11?  Whaddya think?

I just saw it tonight, and I must say there were a few
things discussed that I did not know before..  One
could always assume that there was a link between Bush
and the Saudis because of the oil business, but to the
Binladen family themselves?  WOW.

Great movie, everyone should see it (even if you
support bush).  Frankly, I think they were easy on
bush.

click here