[DMCForum] Re: Air conditioning system - need help.

[DMCForum] Re: Air conditioning system - need help.

You know,

Walt Coe in Tampa does DeLorean A/C work. He's an owner too. He's up
here in Maryland with Mike Cohee and I right now. He just overhauled
both of our systems and converted them to R-134. He does meticulous
work.

The best thing to do is NOT replace your air dryer with that older
style. The older VIN's do not have high-pressure cut-out switches
or "pop off" valves (over pressure relief valve). Mike Cohee's car is
an early VIN and Walt upgraded him with those safety items. It really
should be done that way.

Lastly, I regret to tell you that the fittings from the air dryer to
the evaporator are almost -always- badly corroded from the inside.
The orifice tube gets stuck in the evaporator very badly as well. You
should be prepared to replace your evaporator if you get into this.

I know it sounds ugly but if Walt fixes your system, it'll be bullet-
proof. You'll only fix it once.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick@xxxx>