[DMCForum] Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

[DMCForum] Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

I had exactly the same impressions.

I have a ritual when I jump in my car. I put my wallet in the change
tray next to my mini-cd's, my pager clips to the open ashtray (which
also holds any loose change), my cell phone goes along the right side
of the shifter. I then adopt the "fighter pilot slouch" which keeps
me leaned back enough for decent visibility and keeps my head low.

You think you have problems with taller cars? I drive around the DC
Metro area. I typically drive with one finger on the horn stalk
because almost NO ONE signals or checks their blind spot when they
lane change. I love it when these a-holes begin to drift into my
lane. I honk with those loud after-market horns you posted and they
usually freak and over-correct into the other lane and almost wreck.
Then I accelerate past them and the look on their faces is usually
priceless ignorance.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:
> Driving impressions?

> - It's low.  A Ford Focus looks like an SUV when next to us.  Odd.
> - I have a loud drone between 2-3k RPMs, just where we do most of
our
> cruising.  Would still like to quiet that down some.
> - I'm more worried that I made mistakes somewhere than about other
drivers.
> - The whole car feels like a giant blind spot.  My 1958 Plymouth
boasts a
> 95% visibility rate with no pillars, louvres, etc to block your
vision.  The
> D takes getting used to.
> - I can't be comfortable with anything in my back pockets.  The
seat bottom
> has a weird feel to it.  Either that or my butt has a weird shape.
> - I need to tilt the seat back some.  I keep hitting my head every
time we
> hit a bump.  =)

> Other than that, so far so good.  It drives and handles well.  If I
get the
> time, I'd like to put it on a dyno before we leave.

> -Dave

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129lrlmal/M=285832.5035992.6164947.1793602/D=
groups
> /S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1087014010/A=2178650/R=0/SIG=14drisgb3/*http://
www.hous
> eholdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?
cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt=000&mc=01PSYAY