Re: [DMCForum] Re: The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Dave Stragand wrote:
> - It's low.  A Ford Focus looks like an SUV when next to us.  Odd.

Wait until an H2 goes by and count the lugnuts. :)

> - The whole car feels like a giant blind spot.  My 1958 Plymouth boasts a
> 95% visibility rate with no pillars, louvres, etc to block your vision.  The
> D takes getting used to.

I believe Dick Ryan has one of those stick-on concave "blindspot
mirrors". Also, somebody on the DML (and possibly here) was looking into
manufacturing concave mirrors for the D. You might throw your line out
and see if anybody bites.

> - I can't be comfortable with anything in my back pockets.  The seat bottom
> has a weird feel to it.  Either that or my butt has a weird shape.

I noticed this while in Louie's car, as I too suffer from Costanza
Wallet Syndrome.

> - I need to tilt the seat back some.  I keep hitting my head every time we
> hit a bump.  =)

Ha ha! I'm five foot seven! Er. :P

> Other than that, so far so good.  It drives and handles well.  If I get the
> time, I'd like to put it on a dyno before we leave.

Cool! Be sure to post the results. We're all curious.

Glad to know all your elbowgrease and "Oh ----" continues to pay off.
With people parting out DeLoreans, it's nice to see the opposite
happening. :) FWIW, I use the story of Project Vixen to silence anybody
who thinks I'm crazy for wanting to buy an *assembled and running*
DeLorean, and also to silence anybody who says I'm too nuts to find a
girl who will put up with my craziness. :)

You're an inspiration to us all. Well, guys and DeLorean nuts anyway. :P

Now ... One more cup of coffee ...

--Farrar