[DMCForum] Re: God Squad

Hi Marc,
Just a quick reply:

Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> See Below.
>
> --- John Dore <dmcjohn@xxxx> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > My point is the implication that you are an idiot if
> > you believe in
> > God is immature and silly, and personally I think
> > you are an idiot
> > for making such a statement.
>
> Why is this any worse than all of the implications in
> the past week that if we DONT believe in God, we are
> wrong, or idiots, or going to hell, or....  BE FAIR!

Well here's me being fair. I never implied anyone was an idiot for
not believing in God, and for the record I don't think anyone is an
idiot for not believing. I think anyone here who thinks the other
person is an idiot for having different beliefs is themselves
automatically an idiot, and that goes for both sides of the fence!

and I'll reply to the rest of your email now...

> > I don't go to mass, although I am going to start
> > trying now for my
> > young daughter, as I think that aspect of religion
> > is important when
> > you are growing up.
>
> Is it?  Religion in the middle east teaches children
> to "Kill the infidels".  Even Dubya's friends in Saudi
> Arabia are brought up to hate Americans, Christians,
> Jewish people, Israel... Anything NOT them..

I didn't mean any extreme form of Religion. I just meant that I would
like Katie to appreciate as she grows up that she should try to be as
nice as possible to others, help old ladies across the road, try to
be a good person, and not to hate anyone for any reason. And I think
its good for kids to feel that there is a big guy up in the sky
looking after them. Thats what I took out of my Religious education
when I was a kid, it didn't do me any harm!

> > I think not believing in some sort of God creates
> > more questions than
> > it answers, but if that is your opinion, I have no
> > problem with that.
>
> Thats cool, but again..  Christians are known for
> telling anyone who does not agree with them that they
> are wrong.  I am glad you don't.

believe me, I'm the last person who would try and convert someone to
religion, much less ever bring it up in a conversation. I can't
believe I even got involved in this discussion, except I didn't like
Andrews post implying that we are idiots.

See ya,
John