Re: [DMCForum] No A/C Fans

Hi Bill... wish you could have made it to the show in
Celebration, FL where we had 8 DeLoreans, and Rob & Debby
Grady were there.  I expect that there will be a similar
show next year.

Fixing the fan problem is a matter of tracing the wires down
and finding the open circuit.  A test light is very useful
for this.  The fan speed switches tend to snap apart easily.
Did this happen to yours?  The back electronic part could be
laying in the dash while the mechanical front does nothing
useful.

About your AC compressor "trying to kick on"... are you
sure?  I did 50% of the labor putting that system together
before you bought the car, so obviously you are mistaken
about any problems. ;-)  It could be that with your AC
blower not running that the evaporator is already cold
enough preventing the compressor from cycling for very long.
We installed a VOV in place of an orifice tube, so that
might also explain the short cycling.  It makes the system
so damn efficient that the compressor doesn't need to run as
long.  But when you say "trying to kick on" that might be
problem.  Check the 20A fuse controlling the circuit.  That
is one of the notorious trouble spots that melt the fuse
block.

BTW, did you know your radiator fans aren't stock?  I helped
install a pair of modern 12" fans.  They are awesome in
performance compared to stock.  I'm going to upgrade my
daily driver to be the same way.

Damn, I just love being a know-it-all. :-)

Walt