Re: [DMCForum] PF Windshield

I can tell you from experience that windshields are a
serious pita.  And I'm not talking about Greek sandwiches.

Last I heard is that PJ Grady was out of windshields and
wasn't anxious to ship any if he had them.  But since he is
so close to you, it is worth asking if he has one that he
will install.  The biggest pain is getting a good windshield
and having it delivered unbroken.  I learned this lesson x4.
The next hardest part is installing it without breaking
it -- been there, done that, too.  Before you remove your
old windshield, look real close at the A pillar trim.  Make
sure that the bottom edges are not pressing on the
glass!!!!!!!  (oops, almost broke the keyboard :-)  Bend,
pry & reshape until the gap is uniform top-to-bottom.
Otherwise it may press the glass too hard & crack it there.
Do not trust a typical glass installation monkey to figure
this out at your expense.

If I were you, I would beg DMCH to bring a windshield with
them and pay them to install it at the show.

Walt