Re: [DMCForum] VIN 3092 for sale...was "Next Stop:Ebay:

Re: [DMCForum] VIN 3092 for sale...was "Next Stop:Ebay:

> So, Walt, it is blue... are you checking for
flight prices to Washington state now?  ;)

Well, it's not really the shade of blue that I want.  When I
was a kid (it is so weird saying that) my family had a '75
Chevy Caprice Classic convertible that was sky/baby blue --
non-metallic.  At the time I thought the color was okay, but
I preferred yellow.  So I got a silver car of the same
make/model and repainted it yellow.  I was after a
mellow-yellow, but screwed up and got about the same shade
of screaming yellow that Ron Wester put on his yellow D.
Such a bright color is fine for a little car, but not for an
18' boat.  I was totally amazed at how many people of a
particular ethnic background made such a big deal out of
that car since I painted it.  Now that I'm in my mid-life
crisis, I'm having fond memories of the blue car.  It was a
chick magnet.  I know this because my family had a '74 in
white, and two 75's -- one blue, one silver (which I painted
yellow).  Only the blue one picked up the chicks.  (Not that
I really want to pick up chicks anymore, but it doesn't hurt
to try that color again?)

Why so many convertibles in the family?  My father wanted a
convertible when he was a kid.  His mom (a royal f'ing
bitch -- just ask anyone who knew her) humiliated & punished
him for wanting one.  Once he was old enough & had the
means, all he could do was buy convertibles.  I think we had
up to eight at one time.  Since his mom lived next door, he
parked them out in the yard.  I think this was in an effort
to piss her off.  Hey, it was great.  I got to drive them.
:-)

Walt

click here