[DMCForum] Re: time to park the D lol

Hi Louie.

I only have one thing to say: Nyah Nyah Nyah!!!

Seriously though, why the hell do you grit your teeth? It's your
personal property and you nearly lost your F'ing life for it! Stand
up for yourself man! People like this need to be told where to get
off!

First, I'd have told the first guy and his kid "I'm not showing, I'm
just here to see the other vehicles. No your son may NOT sit in my
car. I don't see that I owe it to you or him. Good day."

Second, it's a good idea to set rules before you let people in. "Sit,
no button pushing, no shifting, no starting".

You know, on second thought, this is all far too complicated.
Screw 'em Louie. Let them get their own. Keep people out of your car.
I do the same.

I took my wife to lunch the other day. We were parked under a nice
tree with the doors open to catch the breeze while she ate. One of
her co-workers walked out of the building. Female. She screeches
across the parking lot at us: "Is that a Maserati? Is that a
Maserati?" It was so uncouth that I ignored her, but my wife, wanting
to keep things cordial yelled back "No, DeLorean".
The woman was so disappointed, she actually sniffed and huffed and
continued on her way without another word. I asked her "Why do you do
that?" She replied "I just wanted to be nice." I asked her "Do you
feel her reaction to your answer was polite, or nice in kind?"
Obviously not.

On a more positive note, I've discovered that a co-worker's son has
recently restored 2 DeLoreans. I've no idea who or where this guy is.
My co-workers love the car and at least their comments are
constructive and intelligent. I could go on ad nauseum about this but
I've said enough.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> Okay... so I've finally gotten a taste of Rich Acuti's crazy
people. Normally I've only ever been approached by incredibly
friendly neat folks, but these past few days have been an exception.
<snip>

click here