Re: [DMCForum] time to park the D lol

All the attention the D gets is a small part of the reason
I'm interested in putting together a painted one (from a
collection of damaged panels).  I would keep a good set of
unpainted panels ready to put back on the car.

The day I bought my first DeLorean, I was spending the night
in Ft. Lauderdale where I bought it.  While hitting the
pubs, the engine of course overheated due to the fan fail
module.  I knew nothing about fan fail modules at the time.
But while I was pulled over, quite a crowd gathered since
this happened in a touristy area.  A 50 year old-ish cute
lady asked to sit in the car.  She sat there like an 8 year
old pretending to steer the wheel making car sounds.  That
was amusing.  I was also surprised that the attention never
stopped.  Sometimes I just want to drive from point A to
point B without having to explain anything to anyone.  I
guess it goes without saying that I'm a bit extroverted, so
often I like the opportunities the car gives to talk to
strangers.  But the flux capacitor & cocaine jokes get old.

Some day I intend to plant a microphone on the car to record
what people say when I'm out of ear shot.  When I do it,
I'll put the better ones on the DMCForum web site.

If people get disrespectful, I am a good actor, and I enjoy
phuquing with their minds.  I do an excellent Charles
Mansion imitation.  I've been cooking up other routines that
I haven't tried out yet.  One of them is to pretend that I
just stole the car and ducked into the parking lot because
the cops were after me.  "Damn it's a good thing this is
fast or they would have caught me."  Then keep looking
around for the cops to show up while I'm talking to them.
If people are checking out the car while I approach it, I
just pretend I'm one of them.  "Hey, nice car.  Is it yours?
Who makes it?  Bricklin?  Where is the owner?  I'd love to
ask him some questions."  Then I start messing with the car,
lift the louvers, check at the engine.  If I use the Zilla
remote to unlock the door at the same time I try the door
handle, it looks like the car was left unlocked.  Then I
start poking through the car and find a set of keys.  Then I
steel the car burning rubber on the way out.  Okay, I'm full
of shit guys about burning rubber, but I have done the other
things.

Walt