Re: [DMCForum] Update: DeLorean Valdez

Bill,

I have seen the same type of oil gushing on another
DeLorean.  It was the smaller of the two plugs closer to the
water pump.  The plug was fine, but the engine block was
cracked.  I tried welding at it, but the metal burns before
it melts.  Got someone in there with a TIG welder to fix it.
Also covered the whole damn area with an aluminum plate.  No
more casting voids. :-)  So to let you know, if this problem
is what I think it is then it is repairable.

My guess is that the plugs are there to seal where they
drilled oil passage ways.

I'm only about 300 e-mails behind now!  I read these as a
reward (or much needed break) for doing my accounting job.

Are you going to be around for the Pigeon Forge show?  Rich,
Mike & I should be having an a/c overhaul party before the
show.

Walt

click here