Re: [DMCForum] difference between fuel senders

Re: [DMCForum] difference between fuel senders

I THink the answer may lie in how the fuel behaves in the tank. A haf
full tank will slosh around a lot and an empty tank won't.

My citroen gauges, both old and modern, always spend ages on full and
give you an accurate reading as the tank's dwindling. I always assumed
this was because anything down to 3/4 full will sloch around anough to
always give a full reading.

BTW Walt, door seals are ordered.

Martin

Walter Coe wrote:
> Enjoying a daze of low blood sugar, I took a look at a pair of boats and
> a spare DMCH sender.  Martin is right about the DMCH sender being a good
> deal for the money.  A lot more effort went into making it, and it is
> less than half the price of what SeaDoo charges.
>
> What I don't like about the DMCH sender is their choice for resistor
> values.  They crowd them all around center scale while stretching out
> the top & bottom.  When riding in Mike Cohee's car to the Spring Social
> last year, at one point his gauge fluctuated between about 1/3rd scale
> to near empty.
>
> Instead of eating breakfast and working on removing that hemorrhoid that
> the IRS has so graciously blessed me with (hey, I earned it) I stuck a
> meter on a spare DMCH sender and got the following values (in ohms from
> full to empty):
>
> 92.3
> 70.4
> 58.5
> 52.8
> 47.3
> 41.7
> 25.7
> 12.8
> 0.8
>
> As you can see, they crowd all the increments near center scale.  Why?
> Now I'm inspired to make my own senders, but I should really put the
> effort into making those sway bars and convex side mirrors.  I promise!
> Now I need to eat before I pass out....
>
> Walt

click here