[DMCForum] Re: Mirror button?

I know this is a worthless comment, but you always said you wanted
to redo the a pillars with the windows out. So if it does break, at
least you can redo the a-pillars to you liking this time. :)

But seriously, I never realised how sensitive these windows are to
breakage? What causes such a standard practice of gluing the metal
button on the window, and then sliding a mirror on it to break or
splinter the window? It the glass just EXTREMELY cheap or what? I've
reinstalled many other cars mirrors, but yet to do one in a
Delorean. I still have the windshield antenna in mine, and if the
time comes to reinstall the mirror I wouldn't want to break the
window. What IS the proper procedure to reinstall a standard DMC
mirror then? Now I'm curious.

Also doesn't the newer replacement glass have a more durable
resistance the the almighty breaking power the rear view mirror has?

Just tossing out of few ??? I guess.

Later,

Joe

2524 & 16634