  From: Wilhelm Starberg [mailto:wilm@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 12:46 PM
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [DMCForum] More B28E/F

  Hello again,

  Since my engine setup is somewhere between F and E, I will
  try to remove the F stuff and go E all the way.

  I did some digging in my old boxes in the garage, and found some
  stuff I might be able to use:

  A CPR and a fuel distributor, the CPR is type 038, and
  the fuel distributor a 037 type, I also found the air metering unit
  where the fuel distributor once sat.

  Pictures of the goodies here:
  http://home.broadpark.no/~wstarber/dmc/engine.html

  Is the 037 a Porsche distributor?
  Would this be ok for an E setup?

  I have seen that DeLorean motors in UK converts from F to E version
  for 700£, to bad they are located so far from me...anyway, this
  is what they do:
  (from http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/upgrades.html)

  "We offer the service of upgrading the engine to the UK equivalent.
  This involves replacing the fuel metering head, control pressure
  regulator, ignition distributor, re piping the vacuum system."

  Do you really have to replace the ignition distr.? anyone
  knows why?
  The timing is different, sure, but is not that adjustable?
  I'm looking forward to check my timing, wonder how it's tuned...

  Vacuum system, does anyone know a of car with the setup I am looking
  for - so I can copy that?

  Thanks for all the help I've gotten so far.

  Regards,
  Wilhelm S.