From: Farrar Hudkins <mailto:fhudkins@xxxxxxx>
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 5:35 PM
Subject: [DMCForum] Old thinking from the young guy [was: banning, Sean,
and Claude]

Time frame á la Walt: I am now 96 emails behind ...

cruznmd wrote:
> Dude, you know what I'm talking about. I've spoken to you on the
> phone. You're 25 going on 48. You even SOUND 48. You have maturity
> beyond what's expected of you at your age. Conversely, I've met
> people who were 48 and acted as though they were 12.

Yeah, my tongue was in my cheek on that one. Most of the people my age
and younger are blithering idiots. No wonder I'm single. LOL

> I believe we are products of our environments. Whatever your
> environments were, they seem to be vastly different.

Well, I was raised to be older, I guess. The youngest of three children
born to older parents (unlike most folks my age, both of them are in
their 60s and retired or semi-retired), I was taught to take things
seriously, but not too seriously. Among the things to take seriously:
goals, financial and otherwise. I was lectured a lot of setting
realistic goals and how to achieve them, and to have a backup plan ready

in case the first one fails. I also had a lot of good role models. And
instead of forcing me into t-ball and soccer and stuff, my parents let
me pick what I wanted to do, which was daydreaming and reading and
music. Go figure -- I didn't want to get a job until I had to. LOL

The DMC owners seem to have a more mature outlook on life, and are far
more realistic than other people. I suppose dealing with 20+ year old
cars has something to do with it. Louie, for example, though younger
than I am, has a good perspective on life, and knows what to expect from

an old car. I cringe sometimes when some young thing pops up and says
something along the lines of "o i luv delorean they are so cooool moms
buying me one for xmas!" ... I have the urge to say "You have no idea
what you're getting involved in. Get an education, and then a job, and
then a little life under your belt, and preferably another car ..." but
I don't want to ruin the party. You're only young once. I was, and I got

over it. LOL

Rich, I owe you a beer, I think. Maybe after I get my DeLorean, we can
share nightmare stories, along with Bill "Valdez" Robertson. :)

--Farrar

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129rgvci4/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1084656709/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://
companion.yahoo.com> click here