[DMCForum] Re: very frustrated!! - starting problem

[DMCForum] Re: very frustrated!! - starting problem

> Ok, two or three people have told you where the interia switch is.

What exactly am I supposed to check here?  It's pluged in and it's a
black box... :)

> When you measured voltage at the fuel pump did you have one probe
on
> the ground wire and one on the white/purple wire ON the fuel pump?
> That's where you were taking the reading right?

Yes!!  I did it several ways to make sure though.

> If all you get is a flash of voltage before the "00.00", then the
> pump isn't getting voltage. Did you hear it run at all?

It 'clicks' then nothing.  I checked it again today just to make
sure.  It hits 7.8 innitially then back down to 0.0

> Make a wire jumper and put it between pin 37 and pin 80 on the RPM
> relay socket. Then measure voltage at the pump, and listen for
noise
> again.

I did and 0.0  perhaps my jumper was useless.  I should try this
check again but regarless I saw that the pump at least got 7.6
innitially then nothing indicating that there was some surrent in
the wires.

> If you have voltage and the pump makes noise, the relay is bad and
> the car might even start with the jumper in.

Again - the jumper might have sucked.

> If you have no voltage, I recommend you trace your ground wire
from
> the fuel pump.
>
> Many, many owners (including me) have found their fuel pumps
grounded
> anywhere but where it's supposed to be.
>
> Right now I'm leaning towards your RPM relay being faulty but it's
> hard to tell without being there.

I think this as well but it is difficult to locate the ground wire
on the driveway.  I'll make a better inspection tomoorw.  Where
should it lead down to?

On a side note I tried to start it several times just to 'make
sure'.  The starting is beginning to sound weak even though the
battery is at 11.8 volts.  Don't know if that shows anything but I
thought I would mention it.

Thanks again - I appreciate the attention  :)

Brian

click here