Re: [DMCForum] Re: very frustrated!! - starting problem

Re: [DMCForum] Re: very frustrated!! - starting problem

Perhaps the pump is stuck and shorting to ground?

I haven't really been following the thread, but you should be able to
check the pump by applying 12v to it direct from the battery.

With the pump unhooked, you should get 12v at the pump (+) while
cranking, and should have 0 OHMs between the negative pump wire and
chassis ground.  I recall the fuel filler nozzle and the bolts just to
the side of it are grounded.

Jim

On Fri, 14 May 2004 05:40:05 -0000 "Brian" <TK581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Ok, two or three people have told you where the interia switch is.
>
> What exactly am I supposed to check here?  It's pluged in and it's a
>
> black box... :)
> >
> > When you measured voltage at the fuel pump did you have one probe
> on
> > the ground wire and one on the white/purple wire ON the fuel pump?
>
> > That's where you were taking the reading right?
>
> Yes!!  I did it several ways to make sure though.
>

> > If all you get is a flash of voltage before the "00.00", then the
> > pump isn't getting voltage. Did you hear it run at all?
>
> It 'clicks' then nothing.  I checked it again today just to make
> sure.  It hits 7.8 innitially then back down to 0.0

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

click here