[DMCForum] Interior lights (grrr....)

Just figured out my interior lights come on when the door opens if you
push them forward. Cool. Two questions:

1. Back light works fine in both positions (door or always on). Front
light works fine when on, but not when in the door position. I pulled
the light to troubleshoot and it is getting some amount of current
when the door opens - the light comes on very, very dim. Wouldn't have
seen it if the sun had been out, and couldn't see it through the
plastic - had to look at the bulb directly. Something's wrong, so I
turned it back off. Any ideas?

2. I bought an LED kit for the doors. It will be nice to be able to
leave the doors open for hours without fear of draining the battery
and I'd like to give the interior lights the same treatment. Any leads
on interior LED bulb replacements?

I've got lots of goodies on the way... New fuel system fixes from
SpecialT along with some misc parts, and am working with the folks
here in Washington on some engine issues. New Michelin tires should
arrive at Costco within the next week or so - a full $200 cheaper than
Les Schwab for the set of 4. Then an alignment, probably need to
replace the brakes & flush the system just for fun, and - get this -
the previous owner was putting DOT 3 in the clutch system. Oops.
That's going to need to be flushed. I'll be back here in another week
or two, begging for advice on that one, not to mention the "spinning
metallic sound" when I depress the clutch. Brakes are easy but I've
never worked on a clutch before.

-Ryan

click here