[DMCForum] Re: Interior lights (grrr....)

[DMCForum] Re: Interior lights (grrr....)

I can answer your second question: try autolumination.com.  The bulb
sizes for the interior are 1.5"x2" (festoon type).  The hood is 1.5"
and the trunk is 1.75".  Very resaonable prices for LED's.

Johnny
5518

> Just figured out my interior lights come on when the door opens if
you
> push them forward. Cool. Two questions:
>
> 1. Back light works fine in both positions (door or always on).
Front
> light works fine when on, but not when in the door position. I
pulled
> the light to troubleshoot and it is getting some amount of current
> when the door opens - the light comes on very, very dim. Wouldn't
have
> seen it if the sun had been out, and couldn't see it through the
> plastic - had to look at the bulb directly. Something's wrong, so I
> turned it back off. Any ideas?
>
> 2. I bought an LED kit for the doors. It will be nice to be able to
> leave the doors open for hours without fear of draining the battery
> and I'd like to give the interior lights the same treatment. Any
leads
> on interior LED bulb replacements?
>
> I've got lots of goodies on the way... New fuel system fixes from
> SpecialT along with some misc parts, and am working with the folks
> here in Washington on some engine issues. New Michelin tires should
> arrive at Costco within the next week or so - a full $200 cheaper
than
> Les Schwab for the set of 4. Then an alignment, probably need to
> replace the brakes & flush the system just for fun, and - get this -
> the previous owner was putting DOT 3 in the clutch system. Oops.
> That's going to need to be flushed. I'll be back here in another
week
> or two, begging for advice on that one, not to mention the "spinning
> metallic sound" when I depress the clutch. Brakes are easy but I've
> never worked on a clutch before.
>
> -Ryan

click here