[DMCForum] Re: Just Dashes restoration or NOS dash pad?

[DMCForum] Re: Just Dashes restoration or NOS dash pad?

Hello Louie,

Imagine my surprise to find pictures of my newly recovered binnacle
in the photos section!

I hope to pick up the recovered dash and binnacle this weekend from
Josh. I had concerns also about cracks showing through, but Josh
explained the recovering place actually strips away all the old
plastic, fills in any voids in the underlying part with new foam
material. Josh can better explain, but that is the jist of it.

I saw Josh's recovered dash and binnacle personally and they do look
great. Josh's was slightly off-color, but that has been corrected in
mine.

I will let you know how things work out when I install them.

BTW, I was uncertain about the stitching in the binnacle also, but
in the end decided it did look OK. Glad to hear you think it is OK
also.

Best regards,
Brian
VIN# 4494

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> Can that company really redo our dashes? We don't have foam backed
vinyl covered dashes... we just have hard cheap plastic. I don't see
how they could be restored. I would think even if you could somehow
recoat the dash that if it had a crack, the crack would eventually
manifest itself again. I've got a big crack on my dash, and now I've
got a purple splotch that's starting to appear, so I'm in the same
boat. Not to mention my binnacle is cracked to hell. I wonder if
they could do the binnacle too? Any info on this would be great! -
Louie

(www.justdashes.com) has
> been mentioned on the list before.  Does anyone know what they
typically
> charge for this kind of restoration?  Their website gives
absolutely no