Re: [DMCForum] R12

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, checksix3 wrote:

> ...well there ya go. Use that link instead. Can't beat $15 to foil
> the intent of the law. It's our gum'mint (the EPA) at work. Amazing.

I don't know.  Does it really foil the intent of the law?

Before I read the study guide and took the test, I knew R12 was not to be
released into the atmosphere, and that was about it.  Now, even though I
read the guide quickly and immediately passed the test a year ago, I still
remember proper handling, recovery, and storage procedures, how to
understand bottle colors and markings, and what the various pieces of
equipment are and how they are different from one another.

I am now a much better educated potential handler of R12.  I don't feel
like I've cicumvented the letter of or intent of the law at all.

-andrew