[DMCForum] R12

...well there ya go. Use that link instead. Can't beat $15 to foil
the intent of the law. It's our gum'mint (the EPA) at work. Amazing.

Then you can put up with the all the jerks in the auto stores who,
when you waltz in a ask "How much for R12?" immediately reply "You
need a license to buy it". Pisses me off. I always shoot back: "Do I
need a license to know the %#&* price"?

Course, you're crazy to buy it in those little cans. Like candy bars
and coffee they keep getting smaller every year: 16 oz, 14 oz, 12
oz...

Like I said though you should learn more about A/C if you're going to
do it. And you'll need more gear to do it right. See my pals over at
www.aircondition.com for deals on everything you need, including bulk
R12.

$75 a pound? Yikes, was $35 last I knew. It's no secret A/C shops
make a killing. By a 30 pounder if you can afford it and use it up
doing your friend's cars for half what the local shop charges. Or
keep it, R12 is better than the Nasdaq. I only keep the 90 pounds I
have because it's tripled in value during the last few years.