Re: [DMCForum] Learning vs. Self-teaching

Re: [DMCForum] Learning vs. Self-teaching

It's more art than science...  We proved it here not too long ago that
anyone can take a MIG that is properly set and make 2 pieces of steel
stick.  The weld might not look good or have the proper penetration but
it can be done.

Even with someone to teach you the only way to get good is to practice.
Scrap metal can usually be picked up from local shops for nothing or a
very minimal fee, gas, filler, and other consumables are all very
affordable.  I probably went through a 2 sets of tanks and 5lbs of rods
before I could get a good looking and strong gas weld or brazed joint.

Andrei