[DMCForum] Rough running apparently resolved

[DMCForum] Rough running apparently resolved

Based on my past history of a gummed up fuel system and replacing
injectors, I've been pursuing a power loss problem from the fuel side
of things.

Most of you have read my posts with the fuel pressure readings. No
one seems to think that my primary pressure is low enough to cause
problems. I have replaced all fuel components except the accumulator.

David Titlebaum on the DML suggested that I may have an ignition
problem.  I have replaced all ignition components except the
distributor.

On a hunch that had absolutely no basis in fact or logical reasoning,
I bought yet -another- ignition coil today. I got all my power back.
No stumble, stutter or hesitation. I can put my foot through the
floor and the engine goes and goes. I can over-shift and lug the
engine and it still doesn't stumble.

I'm happy but this is the 4th coil that's been in the car. I've
measured the ballast resistor and it's fine. What gives??

The OEM Bosch coil worked but some people recommended that I replace
it "because". I replaced it with an Accel Superstock. That coil died
a week later, but in all fairness when I opened the box it was
slightly dented and the paint was scratched off. Call me dumb, I
guess it was damaged goods. I replaced it with a no-name brand that
stated that it needs an external resistor and it outputs 12kv. I ran
that coil from around November until present. I examined the spark
today and noticed that it was yellow, not blue or white so I went out
looking for an MSD coil. No one had one so I sighed and bought
another Accel, but I examined it carefully at the store before
accepting it.

Do I just have bad luck or is something eating my coils?

Rich A.