From: Andrew [mailto:aos+yahoo@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 4:49 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Slightly OT - DUMP VALVES

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Martin Gutkowski wrote:

> I will chalenge you to a blind test, in studio conditions, between a set
> of quality speakers wired with monster cable, and the same setup using
> household 30A solid core cable (such as you have on an electric oven).

Since Monster Cable is crap, this is not a fair test.  Why not suggest a
comparison between some decent cable, like Tara Labs or Kimber, and
household wire?

Given that setup, with good speakers and a good amp, the difference is
night and day.

> And don't get me started on "directional" speaker cables. I'll say it
> this once: there is no such thing, nor can there ever be by the very
> nature of how power is transferred to a speaker

There is plausible justification for desiring all the dipoles in one's
cable to aligned approximately the same, which suggests direction *could*
make a difference, but only after the cables have been used.  It is highly
doubtful that there is any difference from the factory, and even a used
set of cables can be "realigned" in a reasonably short time period.

-andrew