[DMCForum] Fuel pressure values

Ok, the pressure test rig reads the following values:

When the rig is installed with the T-valve towards the distributor, I
get the following pressures:

Valve open: 0 (zero) bars/psi.
Valve shut: 4 bars.

This didn't seem right to me, so I turned it around so that the T-
valve was towards the CPR. (John later confirmed this for me) With
the engine off, RPM relay jumpered I read the following values:

Valve open: 3.7 bars
Valve shut: 4.5 bars

Engine running (RPM relay installed normally), the following values:

Valve open: 3.7 bars
Valve shut: 4.6 bars

The manual states that the nominal values are:

Primary pressure:
   Checking pressure: 4.9-5.5 bars
   Setting pressure:  5.1-5.3 bars

Control pressure:
   Max: 3.5 bars
   Min: (when cold) 1.4ish bars
Assuming that I had the rig set up right (I'm fairly confident), my
control pressure is a tad high, and main line is a tad low. Combined
with possibly dirty injectors could this account for such a dramatic
loss of power?
Oh, I discovered that my air filter is filthy already too. (9 months
old)

Am I making too much of the small variation in values?
To put this in perspective for my fellow Americans;

I have as much as 3 psi too much control pressure,
and anywhere from a 7.25-14.5 psi LOSS of main line pressure.
(1 bar= apprx. 14.5 psi) (Which primary pressure value do I
use? "Checking" or "Setting"?) See the fuel section of the workshop
manual.

What say you?

Rich A.

click here