Re: [DMCForum] Re: Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!

> Can't it be fixed or is the tubing too thin?

It can be fixed.  I had new pipes soldered onto mine.  He
just replaced the ends and left the elbows alone.  It looks
like a splice in a copper water pipe only everything looks
silver.  He screwed up on the high side line by using a pipe
with an ID that was too small for the orifice to fit.  I
didn't realize this until AFTER I had the dash back
together.  I ended up drilling the ID up to a K size bit and
then moping out the shavings with refrigerant oil soaked
cotton swabs.

If I remember correctly, the connection between the aluminum
pipe and the zinc plated steel tank of the evaporator need
to be TIG welded with a specific alloy for the dissimilar
metals.

Walt