[DMCForum] Up late, repaired rear light switch.

[DMCForum] Up late, repaired rear light switch.

Heyall,

   Cleaned up the wiring in the back of the car today,
the medal support bar was bent back straight.  I had
cleaned the light switch and later closed the hatch.
Something didnt sound right.  The switch broke and
shot the innards down to the street.  I collected
everything and repaired the switch and cleaned all
contacts with brasso.  The culprit was two tabs that
hold the switch together are so weak, when the plastic
gets old they snap off.  Used some clear permitex to
cement it back together.  Tested it with a multimeter.

Bought this GM Gasket that I use on my mustang (now
13$ per tube)  Ill be using it when I swap the valve
covers this month.

The last of the automatic transmission leaks will be
fixed shortly, used mirrors to find the culprit.  No o
ring where the dipstick tube connects to the tranny.
Ill be replacing several O rings to include the ones
for the computer.  Will be using the GM sealant in
conjunction with the gasket for the tranny pan
reinstall.

jordan
11613