[DMCForum] Olson Engineering [was: Where are they all?]

[DMCForum] Olson Engineering [was: Where are they all?]

Martin:

Thanks for the VIN info. :)

Regarding Olson Engineering ... It looks like it's Olson Engineering,
Inc. in California which does not have a website. I have found articles
speaking of Olson Engineering and Don Olson in an automotive capacity.

(e.g. http://www.arb.ca.gov/board/ms/ms051602.pdf)

But the only other automotive reference I've seen to Olson Engineering
was in reference to test results on the Rentar fuel catalyst
(www.rentar.com). Rentar used "ETS, a division of Olson Engineering,
CARB approved lab" to test their product. ETS stands for Emission
Testing Services, which is indeed owned and operated by "Olson
Engineering, Inc." ... But I cannot find a website for this particular
"Olson Engineering". There are several companies with that name across
the U.S.

However, I did find this interesting article:

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0FZX/2_68/84017275/p1/article.jhtml

If this Olson Engineering is the same company referenced on the list,
perhaps DMC sent some of the early cars to them for emissions testing.
It would seem logical.

I hope that helps.

- Farrar

Martin Gutkowski wrote:
> 551 went to Saudi, now in UK. Automatic.
>
> 569 also in UK.
>
> Does anyone know who Olson Engineering were? One of our customer's
> pre-1000 vin cars also went there,
>
> Martin

click here