Re: [DMCForum] My own fuel problems

>I appear to have a little more power when the engine is cold, which
>may indicated that the CPR is clogged a little too. It's pretty new.
>Is there a way to clean it out, or do I have to replace it entirely?

Yes it can be cleaned out very easily.  Just be very careful when you split
the main body apart to watch how the spring and push rod are positioned.
Then take out the 4 screws holding the plate to the block which the lines
screw into.  If the SS diaphragm is dirty or not flat put it on a smooth
hard surface and gently run a fine hone, shaping stone from grocery store
works great, over it to clean and smooth.  With the plate and lines off you
should be able to snake a fine wire through both fuel passages and blow it
out with air.  They are very small holes so don't expect too much.

If you are getting crap in your tank from the lines you need to make a rig
to bypass the distributor and pump a strong dose of B-12 chemtool through
they system for a couple hrs.  Then change the filter on the bottom of the
pump and the main filter.

Andrei