Re: [DMCForum] general usage question

> I can't get my floor jack under the
> car, on the frame, with a 2X4.

That's my problem half the time!  Sometimes I have to pick
up a DeLorean by hand from the wheel well to get it high
enough for the jack to get under it.  (Once I lift it a bit
by hand, it tends to stay high from the stiff suspension.)
With Samuel's car, I had to lift & hold it while he put the
jack under it.  One day I couldn't get my jack to fit.  I
was so focused on making the jack lower that I failed to
notice that he needed air in his tires.

I use an antique Lincoln jack that has been rebuilt several
times over the years.  If I had to replace it, I would shop
for the lowest damn jack they make.  Nothing is more
frustrating than trying to pick up a car (without damage!)
with a jack that won't go low enough.

The floor jacks that I really hate are the $80 ones made in
China that have the handles that come in two sections.  But
then this is about the cost that it takes to have my antique
jack rebuilt every 10 or 15 years.

Walt