  From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 9:03 PM
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [DMCForum] Electrical

  Now here's a question that I should be able to answer with my
  background but I like to hear what other folks have to say:

  Today when I started my car for the drive home from reserve duty I
  observed that the voltmeter now reads just below 13V instead of just
  above.

  The discharge light remains -completely- dark. It does light as it
  should when putting the key to "run" with the engine off so the bulb
  is not burned out.

  All loads (lights, fans, etc) draw the same amount as they did
  before, it's just as if the "range" has shifted on the meter. I had
  this alternator rebuilt around a year ago. Is it dying already or is
  there a ground somewhere dorking up the gauge?

  Rich A.