Re: [DMCForum] Rotary Engines

One of my brother's friends and his father work on rotary engines (mainly '90s RX-7s). They seem to encounter a TON of rotarys that expire long before they should. We're talking some at 30k-80k miles. I really want to do an engine swap down the road, but all of the things I've heard from these guys regarding rotarys has made it clear that's the last thing I want to put in my DeLorean.

It's interesting to see some more pics of Jim's car... thanks Walt! Damn Jim... you really had to hack the ever living hell out of that DeLorean to get everything to fit! I don't know that I'd do an engine swap if I couldn't tread a little more lightly on my car. I'd like the car to appear totally stock. Also why I'm leaning towards an American V8 is simplicity in engineering, and it's a powertrain no mechanic would be afraid to work on. I'm almost totally mechanically inept lol. Other reasons why I'm leaning towards an American V8 is I'm all about low-end power and deep rumbling exhaust... I grew up around muscle cars. We've owned everything from '63 Corvettes to '69 Camaro's to my Dad's '69 Boss 302 Mustang he's owned since high school. I guess I learn towards what I know best :-). -Louie

PS- Isn't Jim coming to the Fridge Run? Hopefully we'll all get to see his car there, Rich. Hint hint Jim ;-).