From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 10:02 AM
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: handbrake performance

No marque's *PARKING* brake will do that. That's why brakes activated
with hydraulic fluid (Ford was last mechanical brake -- with rods --
in the 1930's). Momentum of vehicle will simply stretch cable.

Ever noticed is possible to accidentally start off (difficultly) with
a parking brake engaged? And that's from a total standstill.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey lads,
> Just wondering how good the delorean handbrake is meant to be? Mine
> will easily hold the car on a hill, but is not good enough to lock
> the back wheels if pulled up while driving (and in neutral). Not that
> I would do this while driving on the highway or anything, but still I
> would expect that if I ever did need to pull it up it would lock the
> rear wheels. Anyone's good enough to do that? What should I look at
> on mine to fix this, the pads seem fine...
> Thanks,
> John

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cjh8vdg/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070552108/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com
/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=395165057>