Re: [DMCForum] Re: handbrake performance

Re: [DMCForum] Re: handbrake performance

In the UK and Ireland, it is called the handbrake, seeing as you don't
just use them when parking, this is a more descriptive term IMO.

The DeLorean's handbrake is the same as the Jaguar the rear calipers
come from and is equally poor. It's sometimes a struggle to get a
DeLorean through its MOT due to poor handbrake performance.

If it weren't possible to lock the wheels up with just the handbrake,
how do you think handbrake turns are achieved? I've driven plenty of
cars where it was possible to lock the wheels on the handbrake, though
my everyday car actually engages the handbrake on the front wheels, it's
still visciously strong (Citroen Xantia)

"Momentum of vehicle will simply stretch cable." - You what?

Martin

content22207 wrote:

>No marque's *PARKING* brake will do that. That's why brakes activated
>with hydraulic fluid (Ford was last mechanical brake -- with rods --
>in the 1930's). Momentum of vehicle will simply stretch cable.
>
>Ever noticed is possible to accidentally start off (difficultly) with
>a parking brake engaged? And that's from a total standstill.
>
>Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12capcp26/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070551459/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=714428687>