[DMCForum] Re: handbrake performance

Bill,
I've never driven a car before that will *not* lock up the wheels,
which is why I'm disappointed with the performance of my DeLorean
handbrake. I don't know what you mean when you say that no car will
do this, even my piece of shit escort does this no problem.
Also, The DeLorean handbrake is not hydraulic, it is cable.
Even if it was hydraulic as used in all modern rally cars, it would
still lock up the rear wheels, so they can do handbrake turns on
tight circuits.

John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> No marque's *PARKING* brake will do that. That's why brakes
activated
> with hydraulic fluid (Ford was last mechanical brake -- with rods --
> in the 1930's). Momentum of vehicle will simply stretch cable.
>
> Ever noticed is possible to accidentally start off (difficultly)
with
> a parking brake engaged? And that's from a total standstill.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hey lads,
> > Just wondering how good the delorean handbrake is meant to be?
Mine
> > will easily hold the car on a hill, but is not good enough to
lock
> > the back wheels if pulled up while driving (and in neutral). Not
that
> > I would do this while driving on the highway or anything, but
still I
> > would expect that if I ever did need to pull it up it would lock
the
> > rear wheels. Anyone's good enough to do that? What should I look
at
> > on mine to fix this, the pads seem fine...
> > Thanks,
> > John

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cs13tuh/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070553773/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=719356053>