Re: [DMCForum] Re: jack points...

After we jack it up with the floor jack and the 2x4 for the rear, we put
1 stand on each side. The stands have a top on them wide enough for the
wood (with an edge so it wont slip). Sometimes we end up supporting the
whole car this way. 2 on the front, 2 on the back. But usually end up
with 2 on the front or back and have ramps on the other end (jack the
car up, put ramps under the wheels instead of trying to drive onto them).

Samuel

timnagin wrote:

>>I say that's a good way to do it if you're working on the sides of
>>the car but I'd never get underneath it that way. Too much car
>>supported by only one point. I don't even like stands. I prefer ramps
>>and chocks if I'm going underneath.
>>
>>Just my .02.
>>
>>Rich
>>

>I need to remove the rear tire, for starters, so I will need to support
the
>entire rear end by jack stands, else I agree about using the ramps
instead.

>Any suggestions on the best spot to place the jack stands?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cft2264/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070320103/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com
/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=895620885>