RE: [DMCForum] Greg's [CLASSIFIED] Red DeLorean

RE: [DMCForum] Greg's [CLASSIFIED] Red DeLorean

>Bored here at work, I was looking at the new entries in the owner
>registry and found your entry with pictures of your car.

I guess being bored where you work is a good thing, no?  I didn't think it
would make it to the list but WOOHOO!!  top billing!  I so rule.

>What is your status? Are you just going for the "ProjectVixen"
>complete overhaul approach, or are you taking the "fix-it-and-see-
>what-rattles-loose" route? (My personal favorite).

My current status is sitting at my desk replying to this email after a
late
dinner, a few beers, and a few more to go.  Oh, but I bet you meant the
car's status.  It currently looks pretty much like the last picture with
it
sitting in the storage room but lots of parts and crap sitting around it.
The rear end is removed and I am waiting on the fiberglass guy to get to
it
so I can lift the body off and take the frame to have some work done on
it.
I can't take the frame to have it repaired until I lift the body and I
can't
lift the body without having the fiberglass work done.

I was originally going for the 'let's get it drivable and build it up as
we
go' approach but, like everything else I do, I can't half-ass it so it
looks
like I am going to do a complete rebuild.  I am not saying others are
half-assing theirs, each to their own.  I have my little shrine and
private
corner where I worship the 'Vixen' hoping that will help me see it through
to the end.  Does anyone know if Dave will have an autograph table set up
in
Pigeon Forge?

>Do you like the idea of a painted D, or are you going to strip it?
>Did it run when you bought it? How close are you to getting it
>running? I don't know if you've hit the "project-car spiral" yet but
>I'll tell you this, that's a pretty low VIN number so don't give up.
>It's a keeper.

I think some painted De Loreans look good but mine is more like a $19.95
Earl Scheib drive-by special when they had the $25.00 rebate coupon in the
newspaper.  I will be taking it back to the original stainless for this
car.
I am already planning my next one which will not be stock ;)

Apparently it ran before I bought it but I never had the nuts to put power
to it after seeing how a previous owner 'repaired' the fuse box.  You can
see why in one of the pictures.  All I need to do is replace the fuse box
and put some gas, err fuel, back in the tank and it should run but I am
waiting until after the saucer section had been rejoined with the
secondary
hull.  It was a daily driver before the accident.

I have built a few cars so I am well aware of the 'project-car-spiral' but
have completed them all and hope to have this one completed by Pigeon
Forge.
I had been looking for a low VIN car and this was the lowest I found
available during my search and in a reasonable distance from where I live.

>Oh yeah, there's also the cracked windshield right where the driver
>looks out. Where's a hail storm when you need one?

I heard of someone going through a hailstorm and the stainless got
damaged.
Which one would you rather replace?  ;)

Greg

PS - Does anyone here own and use a Treo 600?  I am thinking about buying
one and would like some real world opinions.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=886384342>